From my young days I have been associated with the social and religious organizations which helped the poor, helpless, destitute, widows and down- trodden poor people. This did not provide me full solace and I always felt in myself that much more is to be done to end the sufferings of this society.

       
My association with RSS strengthened my above mission. I attend regular Shakhas and participate in all social activities. At the time of partition of the country in 1947, I was in Kasur (Lahore). RSS rescue operations, rescuing children, ladies, old aged from the fanatics and arranging shelter camps, helping in restoring missing children and ladies etc, has last long lasting effect on me and I realized that it is the RSS only which is strongly dedicated to Patriotism; this helped me in my decision of associating with RSS.

     
I joined politics, with only zeal to serve the needy and down trodden people in 1967. I was elected as MCD Councillor with the majority support of people on Bhartiya Janta Party ticket; as BJP ideologies match with RSS ideologies. Some people term BJP as Communal party.

     
In fact "Hindutva" is beautiful art of living and not a communal party. But, some hardcore term, it a communal party. In 1975, Emergency was imposed by the Congress Government. Common man was deprived off the Rights of Expression and Freedom. This sent a wave of shock, disappointment among the patriots. I also protested the imposition of Emergency and was put to Jail for 19 months. I reconciled with my Jail Life and was not frustrated. Rather I utilized my stay in Jail in realizing the hard realities of life and had chance to study religious scriptures Geeta, Quran, Bible, Upnishad, Jatak, Zind-A-Vesta etc and writings of several eminent authors. I realized that "Dharms" do not divide but in fact preach love and unity. It is equally surprising that several massacres had been done on the name of "Dharms." My life during Jail stay was life of simplicity. I had limited minimum personal belongings, which has taught me to be contented with minimum bare necessities.

     
I believe in Simple living and High Thinking. Unlike others I do not believe in Show Biz and avoid holding Birthday Parties at 5 Star Hotels, which are nothing but wastage of time and money. Instead I devote myself and my resources for the well-being of needy. I celebrate such events with the members of my family. I manage my schedule religiously and am firm believer of punctuality. To me "who is late in the morning is late throughout the day" "who is late in the day is late throughout the week" and thus he will be late the whole year/life. I work 16 hours daily and am staunch believer of the fact that "Neta is part and parcel of Janta. Neta is meant to redress the grievances of Janta and not to overlook them." I follow this principle.

0 comments: